mercredi 15 août 2012

Luberon - Week two

During the second week of August, we visited Arles, famous for its Roman Amphitheatre.
They organise Gladiator combats based on archaeological searches
(nothing to do with american epic films...) and the fighters have turned professionals
to live fully their passion for history.





I love the contrast between my daughter's fair complexion and blond hair
and this mediterranean sun tanned Gladiator !

 Outside the amphitheatre with my personal Gladiator...


 A visit around the harbour of Toulon

 Lourmarin, labelled as one of the Most Beautiful Villages of France


 and its famous Friday market
 Plaited Garlic, Olive oil and Fruit jam

  Provencal bread called Fougasse filled with either vegetables, goat cheese or anchovy.

All flavours for "saucisson" lovers : Savoie wine, nuts, herbs, goat cheese, thyme,
duck with green pepper and lavender...



7 commentaires:

  1. WOW, beautiful photographs!! Your kids were having fun!! hahaha. I hope you enjoy! Look at my blog, there are new posts. I'm already following you, i hope you do the same. Kisses http://tomelessismore.blogspot.com.es/

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have a weakness for hilltowns. I've dreamt of going to Arles for years now. I'm going to bookmark these two posts because I'll know where to go when we head back to South of France. I love the startling contrast between your daughter and the "gladiator"!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Great pictures. Your kids are so cute. Your youngest and little boy really look like you. I really love the market pictures too. The saucisson picture made me go have a look in my fridge!

    xx
    Lauren

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. It's true, that's what everyone says ! Violette is my spitting image when I was young ! I'll think of you next time I slice myself some wild boar saucisson !

      Supprimer
  4. You have such a lovely family! Your kids are absolute cuties! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! :)

    xxTheresa

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Lovely pictures, looks like you had an amazing time! Your children are so cute! :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. Thank you Girls for your lovely comments about my kids ! I think we did a good job with my husband ! Have a nice week-end !

    RépondreSupprimer